Crispy Cauliflower Tacos, vegan food
This March we celebrate taco day (March 31) and that is why we share this delicious alternative way to eat a vegetarian taco. Easy and delicious recipe with mexican products. Are you ready to try this TACO RECIPE? let's do it.
- Moctezuma corn tortillas (small/taco size)
- 1/4 cauliflower - cut into small florets
- 150g flour
- Corona beer (or similar) 1/2 bottle approx.
- 1 tsp El Yucateco' Chipotle salsa
- Vegetable or sunflower oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup of cashew nuts soaked in water overnight
- 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- Salsa of choice
- Blend cashew nuts in a food processor with nutritional yeast &100ml of fresh water (more if needed) to make a thick creamy consistency.
For the batter:
- Mix 150g flour with corona beer (or beer of choice) until the consistency of double cream and no lumps.
- Stir in Chipotle salsa.
- Dunk the cauliflower florets into batter until well coated.
- Deep-fry in hot oil for approx. 2-3 mins - or until golden.
- Remove from oil and place on kitchen paper to drain excess oil.
- Gently fry the tortillas, then fold in half to create taco shape.
- Place 2-3 pieces of battered cauliflower inside, drizzle over cashew creme and scatter on jalapenos.
Serve with salsa: Green Mexican salsa or 'Hoja Santa' salsa